Holistic Healing with Holy Hydrogen: Product Review + 42 Insights from Dr. Mark SherwoodApr 27, 2023
Welcome, beautiful souls, to the summary of the #155 episode of the Beautifully Broken Podcast with your host, Freddie Kimmel.
Today’s guest is Dr. Mark Sherwood, a Naturopathic Doctor and co-founder of the Functional Medical Institute with his wife. His expertise includes age management, functional medicine, stress management, peptides, hormone optimization, and more. He's also a retired police veteran and co-producer of the movie "Fork Your Diet”.
I have known about both Molecular Hydrogen and "Hydrogen Water" for years. However, it wasn't until the last 12 months that I explored the selective antioxidant and its purported benefits in my home. From my lived experience, this water system, and more importantly, molecular hydrogen, take the edge off a terrible night's sleep, complement brain clarity, and increase resiliency in the gym. I simply notice that I have an extra 20% in my energetic tank compared to others in my circle, and it is VERY CLEAR from both a subjective and objective experience. In closing, I hope you gain value from this summary, and I encourage you to try this experiment in your home and see similar results.
Summary of the #155 Episode with Dr. Mark Sherwood
Here are 42 key points to consider from this episode:
- Dr. Mark Sherwood is a naturopathic doctor and functional medicine expert.
- The human body is designed to live for more than a century, but disease trends are causing premature breakdowns.
- America is growing diseases faster than people, with the same top two diseases (heart disease and cancer) as seventy years ago.
- Obesity is the fastest-growing non-communicable disease in history. [1, 2]
- One in two adults is insulin-resistant, and one in three children will be on medication for type 2 diabetes by the time they're forty. [3, 4]
- Autism rates have increased from 1 in 40,000 to 1 in less than 40 in the past forty years. 
- Traditional medical training is driven by Big Pharma, focusing on correlating symptoms to medications instead of addressing the root cause.
- Dr. Sherwood and his wife work on leading people on a pathway of true healing and encouraging a new paradigm in health.
- Radical ownership of one's health is necessary for true healing.
- Dr. Sherwood learned valuable lessons about the importance of treating people right and understanding their struggles during his time as a police officer.
- Many people face health issues because they don't know how to maintain good health.
- People often don't know what true health is and are too scared to try something different, leading to a lack of change in their lifestyles.
- Food addiction is a significant issue, with processed sugars and altered proteins driving dopaminergic pathways and binding to opioid receptors.
- To help people regain their health, it's essential to build trust, give them hope, and show them the possibilities of a healthier life.
- Many people don't know what vitality and good health look like because they're too far removed from those experiences.
- Day-to-day lifestyle practices, such as the water we drink, the food we eat, and the time we spend in nature, can significantly impact our health. 
- Empathy and understanding of others' experiences are important when engaging with people to help them improve their health.
- The food we eat, the time spent in nature, and how we engage with people are important factors in our overall health and well-being. 
- The body will change if we maintain healthy habits.
- Supplements should be used to complement a good diet, not replace it.
- The supplement industry is worth $152 billion a year, but despite widespread use, people are still getting sicker and more overweight.
- Health begins in the gut, and it's important to maintain a well-functioning GI system.
- The human body is incredibly resilient and can heal and repair itself if given the right resources (food, water, rest, exercise).
- The body functions like a computer, processing food, energy, and water into information for our cells.
- While certain supplements may have benefits, it's important to prioritize the quality of water we drink and focus on hydration.
- Molecular hydrogen in water can help improve one's well-being, even on off days or after poor sleep. [8, 9, 10, 11]
- Water should be your drink of choice.
- Current water systems are not healthy for the human body due to unfiltered estrogenic compounds and medications. [12, 13, 14]
- Cancer rates are predicted to surpass heart disease as America's number one killer within a decade. 
- Inflammation and free radicals are not inherently bad, but chronic inflammation and accumulated free radical damage can be harmful. [16, 17]
- The majority of free radical damage occurs inside the mitochondria, which produce cellular energy called ATP. 
- Our bodies produce enzymes to deal with inflammation and free radicals.
- An excessive buildup of hydrogen peroxide can potentially cause premature graying of hair. 
- Hydrogen in water can selectively diminish harmful hydroxyl radicals and turn them back into water, improving overall health. [20, 21]
- Drinking hydrogen-infused water is important for long-term health [8, 9, 10, 11] and managing the biological aging process. 
- Hydrogen-infused water is a mainstream practice in Japan but is not widely adopted in America.
- Premature aging can be attributed to radical damage and the hardships of life.
- Hydrogen is produced naturally in the body and has important functions.
- Hydrogen can help repair damage from the standard American Western Diet.
- Hydrogen works as a natural antioxidant, unlike external supplements. [23, 24]
- Hydrogen can signal NRF2, which releases the body's antioxidant regulatory element. 
- Educating people on the benefits of hydrogen therapy and promoting a shift in mindset towards a holistic approach to health can lead to improved well-being and longevity.
As you see, Hydrogen really works! That is why I'm so passionate about The Holy Hydrogen's new device! Meet — The Lourdes Hydrofix Premium Edition! 🔥🔥🔥
The Holy Hydrogen's Lourdes Hydrofix: A Key to Optimal Health
The Holy Hydrogen's Lourdes Hydrofix Premium Edition is an innovative solution for those looking to improve their overall health and well-being through hydrogen therapy. This cutting-edge technology is designed to infuse water with molecular hydrogen, providing users with numerous benefits that can enhance their daily lives.
Benefits of Using the Holy Hydrogen's Lourdes Hydrofix
Enhanced Hydration: Drinking hydrogen-infused water helps improve hydration, which is essential for maintaining good health and supporting various bodily functions. [8, 9, 10, 11]
Antioxidant Support: Hydrogen acts as a natural antioxidant, selectively neutralizing harmful free radicals and supporting the body's antioxidant defenses. [23, 24]
Anti-inflammatory Properties: Hydrogen therapy can help reduce inflammation in the body, promoting healing and reducing the risk of chronic diseases associated with chronic inflammation. [11, 23, 26]
Improved Energy Levels: The Holy Hydrogen device can help boost cellular energy production, leading to increased vitality and improved physical performance. [8, 9, 10]
Supports Gut Health: Consuming hydrogen-infused water may positively impact gut health by promoting a balanced gut microbiome and supporting the digestive system. 
Why The Holy Hydrogen?
When selecting the Lourdes Hydrofix Premium Edition, it's important to consider factors such as:
Quality: you are investing in a high-quality device that ensures the production of pure hydrogen without any unwanted chemical elements.
Ease of Use: the Lourdes Hydrofix Premium Edition is user-friendly and can be easily integrated into your daily routine.
Accessibility: it is portable, making it convenient for use at home, work, or while traveling.
Cost-effectiveness: While hydrogen tablets can be an alternative to hydrogen water systems, investing in the Holy Hydrogen device may prove more cost-effective in the long run!
By incorporating the Lourdes Hydrofix Premium Edition into your daily routine, you can take a proactive approach to your health and wellness. By harnessing the power of hydrogen, you can support your body's natural healing processes and promote a holistic approach to well-being that lasts a lifetime!
🔥 Here you can find product codes with discounts up to $500 for some great biohacking products that can help you improve your healthspan and well-being!
- Lourdes Hydrofix Premium Edition (100$ off)
- LightPathLED (5$ off)
- Flowpresso 3-in-1 technology (Book a call)
- Medical grade Ozone Therapy (Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty)
- Got Mold? (10% off)
- AquaCure Machine + Molecular Hydrogen (20% off)
- My favorite Therasage Sauna (10% off)
- BiOptimizers supplements (10% off)
- CellCore Supplements (Free Consultation)
- AmpCoil ($99 off)
⭐ And here are the links to the episode and some amazing Beautifully Broken Podcast Episodes related to this topic:
- #155 Holistic Healing with Holy Hydrogen: Insights from Dr. Mark Sherwood, Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Expert (Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube)
- #141 Molecular Hydrogen, Brown's Gas, and the Miracle Molecule with George Wiseman (Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher)
- #129 Environmental Toxicity, Diagnostic Testing, and the Rain Barrel Effect with Dr. Stephen Cabral (Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify)
- #63 Toxic with Dr. Neil Nathan (Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify)
- #19 Dr. Jeoffrey Drobot on Finding the Root Cause of Dysfunction (Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify)
1 The World Health Organization. Obesity. https://www.who.int/health-topics/obesity#tab=tab_1
2 Hruby, A., & Hu, F. B. (2015). The Epidemiology of Obesity: A Big Picture. PharmacoEconomics, 33(7), 673–689. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40273-014-0243-x
3 van der Aa, M. P., Fazeli Farsani, S., Knibbe, C. A., de Boer, A., & van der Vorst, M. M. (2015). Population-Based Studies on the Epidemiology of Insulin Resistance in Children. Journal of diabetes research, 2015, 362375. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/362375
4 Al-Beltagi, M., Bediwy, A. S., & Saeed, N. K. (2022). Insulin-resistance in paediatric age: Its magnitude and implications. World journal of diabetes, 13(4), 282–307. https://doi.org/10.4239/wjd.v13.i4.282
5 Fact check: Autism diagnosis criteria changes have led to increased rates. Bayliss Wagner. USA TODAY. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/04/18/fact-check-autism-diagnosis-changes-over-years-account-high-rate/7102414002/
6 White, M.P., Alcock, I., Grellier, J. et al. Spending at least 120 minutes a week in nature is associated with good health and wellbeing. Sci Rep 9, 7730 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-44097-3
7 Umberson, D., & Montez, J. K. (2010). Social relationships and health: a flashpoint for health policy. Journal of health and social behavior, 51 Suppl(Suppl), S54–S66. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022146510383501
8 Mizuno, K., Sasaki, A. T., Ebisu, K., Tajima, K., Kajimoto, O., Nojima, J., Kuratsune, H., Hori, H., & Watanabe, Y. (2018). Hydrogen-rich water for improvements of mood, anxiety, and autonomic nerve function in daily life. Medical gas research, 7(4), 247–255. https://doi.org/10.4103/2045-9912.222448
9 Kang, K. M., Kang, Y. N., Choi, I. B., Gu, Y., Kawamura, T., Toyoda, Y., & Nakao, A. (2011). Effects of drinking hydrogen-rich water on the quality of life of patients treated with radiotherapy for liver tumors. Medical gas research, 1(1), 11. https://doi.org/10.1186/2045-9912-1-11
10 Botek, M., Krejčí, J., Valenta, M., McKune, A., Sládečková, B., Konečný, P., Klimešová, I., & Pastucha, D. (2022). Molecular Hydrogen Positively Affects Physical and Respiratory Function in Acute Post-COVID-19 Patients: A New Perspective in Rehabilitation. International journal of environmental research and public health, 19(4), 1992. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19041992
11 LeBaron, T. W., Singh, R. B., Fatima, G., Kartikey, K., Sharma, J. P., Ostojic, S. M., Gvozdjakova, A., Kura, B., Noda, M., Mojto, V., Niaz, M. A., & Slezak, J. (2020). The Effects of 24-Week, High-Concentration Hydrogen-Rich Water on Body Composition, Blood Lipid Profiles and Inflammation Biomarkers in Men and Women with Metabolic Syndrome: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity : targets and therapy, 13, 889–896. https://doi.org/10.2147/DMSO.S240122
12 Gonsioroski, A., Mourikes, V. E., & Flaws, J. A. (2020). Endocrine Disruptors in Water and Their Effects on the Reproductive System. International journal of molecular sciences, 21(6), 1929. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms21061929
13 Bexfield, L. M., Toccalino, P. L., Belitz, K., Foreman, W. T., & Furlong, E. T. (2019). Hormones and Pharmaceuticals in Groundwater Used As a Source of Drinking Water Across the United States. Environmental science & technology, 53(6), 2950–2960. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.8b05592
14 Tijani, J.O., Fatoba, O.O. & Petrik, L.F. A Review of Pharmaceuticals and Endocrine-Disrupting Compounds: Sources, Effects, Removal, and Detections. Water Air Soil Pollut 224, 1770 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-013-1770-3
15 Cancer surpasses heart disease as leading cause of death in many US counties. By Susan Scutti, CNN https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/12/health/cancer-surpasses-heart-disease-study/index.html
16 Furman, D., Campisi, J., Verdin, E., Carrera-Bastos, P., Targ, S., Franceschi, C., Ferrucci, L., Gilroy, D. W., Fasano, A., Miller, G. W., Miller, A. H., Mantovani, A., Weyand, C. M., Barzilai, N., Goronzy, J. J., Rando, T. A., Effros, R. B., Lucia, A., Kleinstreuer, N., & Slavich, G. M. (2019). Chronic inflammation in the etiology of disease across the life span. Nature medicine, 25(12), 1822–1832. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-019-0675-0
17 Lobo, V., Patil, A., Phatak, A., & Chandra, N. (2010). Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy reviews, 4(8), 118–126. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-7847.70902
18 Guo, C., Sun, L., Chen, X., & Zhang, D. (2013). Oxidative stress, mitochondrial damage and neurodegenerative diseases. Neural regeneration research, 8(21), 2003–2014. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1673-5374.2013.21.009
19 Kumar, A. B., Shamim, H., & Nagaraju, U. (2018). Premature Graying of Hair: Review with Updates. International journal of trichology, 10(5), 198–203. https://doi.org/10.4103/ijt.ijt_47_18
20 Yang, Y., Zhu, Y., & Xi, X. (2018). Anti-inflammatory and antitumor action of hydrogen via reactive oxygen species. Oncology letters, 16(3), 2771–2776. https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2018.9023
21 Xiao L, Miwa N. Hydrogen-Rich Water Prevents Dehydration-Induced Cellular Oxidative Stress and Cell Death in Human Skin Keratinocytes. Hydrogen. 2022; 3(1):62-71. https://doi.org/10.3390/hydrogen3010005
22 Fu, Z., Zhang, J., & Zhang, Y. (2022). Role of Molecular Hydrogen in Ageing and Ageing-Related Diseases. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity, 2022, 2249749. https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/2249749
23 Ge, L., Yang, M., Yang, N. N., Yin, X. X., & Song, W. G. (2017). Molecular hydrogen: a preventive and therapeutic medical gas for various diseases. Oncotarget, 8(60), 102653–102673. https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.21130
24 Kazuhiko Higashida and Isao Muraoka (2020). Application of Molecular Hydrogen as a Novel Antioxidant in Sports Science. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/2328768
25 Ngo, V., & Duennwald, M. L. (2022). Nrf2 and Oxidative Stress: A General Overview of Mechanisms and Implications in Human Disease. Antioxidants (Basel, Switzerland), 11(12), 2345. https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox11122345
26 Fu, Z., & Zhang, J. (2022). Molecular hydrogen is a promising therapeutic agent for pulmonary disease. Journal of Zhejiang University. Science. B, 23(2), 102–122. https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.B2100420
27 Sergej M. Ostojic (2021). Hydrogen-rich water as a modulator of gut microbiota? Journal of Functional Foods. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2021.104360